In my last post, I listed one true and six false statements. Now I'm 'fessing up. My comments on the veracity of each of the seven statements are in italics below.
1. I dated Stephanie Zimbalist of the Remington Steele TV show.
No such luck. (I am ignoring Diana's comment.) Loren figured this one was true, saying he knew I struck out with Ali MacGraw. Two things, Loren: 1) she was married to Robert Evans when I met her and 2) I do have a handwritten souvenir of our "relationship" on my office wall.
2. I flew on a small plane with Paul Newman.
Bingo! I was taking a late flight from DC to Boston. Noise abatement rules had already kicked in at Logan, so I climbed on a petite turboprop which made little noise compared to a jet. We were going to be polite and not awaken the slumbering Hub. Anyway, just about the only other passenger was Mr. Newman. There were a number of flight attendants, but I don't recall being attended by any of them; they all hovered around him. (Richard B picked this as the correct statement over on Facebook. You win, Richard!)
3. I was lost for over six hours in the sewers of Paris.
In the summer of 08, I was stuck in King Hezekiah's 2700 year-old tunnel under Jerusalem. But nope never been in the Parisian nether lands.
4. I went to a garden party at Buckingham Palace and met the Queen.
5. When camping, I found a rattlesnake cuddled on top of my sleeping bag when I awoke.
Diana says I'm not the camping type. Say what? I was a boy scout. Still this is a whopper.
6. My first marriage lasted less than three months.
[Not posting a photo here!]
I didn't get married till I was 35. So, I just skipped the first marriage and went right to the trophy wife.
7. Vice President Mondale asked for my input for Jimmy Carter's infamous malaise speech. (That's me on bottom right)
Deb says she thinks the guy in the bottom right is indeed me. She is correct, but we were discussing intelligence legislation, not the malaise speech. (That's Director of Central Intelligence Stansfield Turner to Vice President Mondale's right.)
Thanks everyone for playing along. Your guesses were inspired!